Realistic Background Changing in Photoshop
Learn how to change the background of a person and integrate it seamlessly on a new background without loosing details. This workflow could be used to change the background of a studio portrait for example.
The tutorial is made with Photoshop CC. You can use any version of Photoshop but the final result may not have the same color tones.
- You will need a computer with Windows or Mac OS
- Minimum RAM memory for smooth running: 8GB
- Photoshop CS6 or CC (previous versions work as well with minor changes)
What will I learn?
I will show you the process of integrating a person on a new background from start to finish. For a better result, the lighting and angle/perspective on both images should match.
- I’ll show you how to use blend modes to recover details on the clothing edges
- Simple masking for the hair
- How to recover original shadows on the ground
- Match color tones: We’ll use the Median Blur to get the dominating color on the image and apply it to the model
- Quick analysis of the shadow values in order to match them if needed
Who is it aimed at?
This course is for intermediate beginners and intermediate or advanced, photographers and digital artists.